Independent and Upright Falls Prevention
Independent and Upright is a free program in Lincoln County, Wisconsin designed to help you reduce fall risks in your home and help you remain independent.
- Falls account for 25% of all hospital admissions, and 40% of all nursing home admissions
- 1 of 3 older adults fall each year in the United States
- 55% of all falls take place inside the home
*Please see sources at bottom of page
How the program works:
1. Contact Independent and Upright for yourself or a loved one to schedule a free home visit by completing this referral survey.
2. During the home visit, a volunteer will provide recommendations on how to reduce fall risks in your home.
3. The volunteer will connect you with additional community resources to help you remain independent in your home.
Do you want to learn more about how to prevent falls? Contact us at 715-221-8400 or click here to complete an online referral form for yourself or a family member.
*Independent & Upright does not include: medication instruction or education, exercise instruction, medical instruction, medical advice/diagnoses, or personal care. If you need assistance in these areas, please discuss it with your primary care provider
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
Volunteers are an essential part of independent and Upright. If you are interested in being trained as a volunteer, click on the volunteer link below.
National council on Aging, Fall Prevention Center of Excellence, The Burden of Falls in WI 2010